THE INDEPENDENT LOADING BAY MURAL
Rize Alliance, Ayala Land and the Vancouver Mural Festival are excited to announce a special open call to artists to paint a large new mural for the Vancouver Mural Festival on Saturday, August 12, 2017. The mural will be painted on a ~1600sf wall/loading bay door along the Watson Street side of the newly completed building at 244 E Broadway. Selections will be made based on imagination as well as creativity, quality, skill, message, and connection to Mount Pleasant (community, culture, residents, and heritage).
Draft proposals will be accepted from March 16 to April 14, 2017 via our official form below. The top 10 entries will be selected and opened up to feedback from the community via social media. The winner will be chosen by a jury that will include representatives from the Vancouver Mural Festival, Mount Pleasant BIA, the Burrard Arts Foundation, Rize Alliance, Ayala Land and other community members. The selected artist will receive $5000 compensation, as well as expenses and supplies needed for the creation of the mural.
- Must be a resident of the Greater Vancouver Area.
- Must submit before 6pm on April 14, 2017. Late submissions will not be considered.
- Only submissions made via the official form will be considered.
- Draft image must fit provided dimensions in exploded view. Hand renders are fine provided they match the appropriate dimensions.
- No gratuitous violence/drugs/sex. No racist, sexist, or other hateful messaging or imagery.
- Artist must be able to paint their proposed design from August 3-11, 2017.
- Mural must be completed by August 12th, 2017.
- All production management and technical requirements will be provided and overseen by Vancouver Mural Festival.
- Mural budget will be created and overseen by Vancouver Mural Festival.
- $2500 payment will be made upon completed agreement with the selected artist.
- $2500 payment will be made upon completion of the mural.
- Mural will be coated with an anti-graffiti coating and maintained by Vancouver Mural Festival.